Here are some posts that turned out okay…
- Ends and means. The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity.
- Thanos. Avengers are wizards; Thanos is a prophet.
- Frustration. Applying the principle of least power to tools and technologies.
- The Gęsiówka Story. Republishing a forgotten piece of history.
- Robustness and least power. A tale of two principles.
- Preparing a conference talk. The four steps I took in putting together a presentation.
- Prototypes and production. Don’t build prototypes with a production mindset. Don’t release prototype code into production.
A lot of my writing in 2018 was on technical topics—front-end development, service workers, and so on—but I should really make more of an effort to write about a wider range of topics. I always like when Zeldman writes about his glamourous life. Maybe in 2019 I’ll spend more time letting you know what I had for lunch.
I really enjoy writing words on this website. If I go too long between blog posts, I start to feel antsy. The only relief is to move my fingers up and down on the keyboard and publish something. Sounds like a bit of an addiction, doesn’t it? Well, as habits go, this is probably one of my healthier ones.
Thanks for reading my words in 2018. I didn’t write them for you—I wrote them for me—but it’s always nice when they resonate with others. I’ll keep on writing my brains out in 2019.