Back in November of last year I announced that UX London would be returning in 2023 and that I’d be curating the line-up again. That’s where I’ve been putting a lot of my energy over the last six months.
The line-up is complete. If I step back and try to evaluate it objectively, I’ve gotta say …hot damn, that’s a fine roster of speakers!
Imran Afzal, Vimla Appadoo, Daniel Burka, Trine Falbe, Vitaly Friedman, Mansi Gupta, Stephen Hay, Asia Hoe, Amy Hupe, Paul Robert Lloyd, Stacey Mendez, Ignacia Orellana, Stefanie Posavec, Hannah Smith, and David Dylan Thomas.
Take a look at the complete schedule—a terrific mix of thought-provoking talks and practical hands-on workshops.
On day one, you’ve got these talks:
- Designing your design process,
- Thinking differently about digital sustainability,
- Let’s choose empathy,
- The lies we tell ourselves about design systems, and
- What if people weren’t the product? Building a web that loves humanity.
Then on day two:
- The necessity and practice of women-centric design,
- Time team: Documenting decisions and marking milestones,
- User experience beyond screens,
- Can designers save lives? Not by themselves, and
- Ghosts in the machine: AI, design, and ethics.
And that’s just the talks! You’ve also got these four excellent workshops on both days:
- Practical, ethical design,
- Designing for complex UIs,
- Strategies for creating and evolving design systems, and
- Dataviz sketching session.
That’s a lot of great stuff packed into two days!
In case you haven’t guessed, I am very excited about this year’s UX London. I would love to see you there.
As an appreciation for you putting up with my child-like excitement, I’d like to share a discount code with you. You can get 20%—that’s one fifth!—off the ticket price using the code CLEARLEFT20.
But note that the standard ticket pricing ends on Friday, May 26th so use that code in the next week to get the most bang for your buck. After that, there’ll only be last-chance tickets, which cost more.
Looking forward to seeing you at Tobacco Dock on June 22nd and 23rd!
# Liked by chonky.rocks on Wednesday, May 17th, 2023 at 3:13pm