I’ve already written a bit about the process of working with Code for America, which has been an absolute pleasure. Just today, Jon described it as “the closest thing to a dream project.”
I concur. Not only did the client communication work out really well, but their willingness to share the pattern library we put together warms the cockles of my heart.
When Clearleft’s part in the project officially wrapped up, I wrote:
It’ll be a while yet before the new site rolls out.
That was exactly one month ago.
The new Code for America website went live last Friday.
I’m impressed! That’s a pretty short timescale to rebuild a fairly large website, not only changing the front-end codebase, but also switching out the back-end stack as well. They must’ve been working flat out.
I’ve worked on projects in the past where my initial excitement at the project’s wrap diminished as the site launch date slipped further and further over the horizon of the future. It isn’t unusual to have a gap of many months between the end of Clearleft’s time on a project and seeing the site go live. I’m really happy that the Code for America project bucks that trend.