Questions prompted by the Clearleft gathering in Norway to discuss AI.
I like Richard’s five reminders:
- Just because the technology feels magic, it doesn’t mean making it understandable requires magic.
- Designers are going to need to get familiar with new materials to make things make sense to people.
- We need to make sure people have an option to object when something isn’t right.
- We should not fall into the trap of assuming the way to make machine learning understandable should be purely individualistic.
- We also need to think about how we design regulators too.
A good, if somewhat dispiriting, overview of Artificial Intelligence. (There's some nice typesetting on this page)