Replying to a tweet from @Una
- Kindred by Octavia Butler
- The Fifth Season by N.K. Jemisin
- Ancillary Justice by Ann Leckie
- The Calculating Stars by Mary Robinette Kowal
- The Power by Naomi Alderman
- The Future Home Of The Living God by Louise Erdrich
Thank you, Sebastian! Here are some links to the resources mentioned:
I think you’re conflating hamburger menus with progressive disclosure: one is a subset of the other. Saying any progressive disclosure pattern is basically a hamburger menu is like saying all animals are basically fish. 🍔 🦒 🦔 🦓 🐟
If you’re saying that a hamburger icon is a common convention, the data from usability testing disagrees.
But good point about the positioning of the close icon—I’ve fixed that now (the open/close trigger is persistent). Thanks for that!