Checked in at Hot Water Inn. with Jessica
Tuesday, August 22nd, 2017
Monday, August 21st, 2017
Checked in at Konditorei. with Jessica
Checked in at Warfield Distillery
Thursday, August 17th, 2017
Checked in at Micro Bar. with Jessica, Joschi, Dan, brian, Amber
Wednesday, August 16th, 2017
Checked in at Gullfoss
Checked in at Thingvellir National Park (Þingvellir þjóðgarður). with Jessica
Tuesday, August 15th, 2017
Sunday, August 13th, 2017
Checked in at Firle Place. Soaking up the sunshine — with Jessica
Saturday, August 12th, 2017
Monday, August 7th, 2017
Paul goes into detail describing how he built a progressive web app that’s actually progressive (in the sense of “enhancement”). Most of the stuff about sharing code between server and client goes over my head, but I understood enough to get these points:
- the “app shell” model is not the only—or even the best—way of building a progressive web app, and
- always, always, always render from the server first.
Sunday, August 6th, 2017
A series of questions to ask on any design project:
- What are my lenses?
- Am I just confirming my assumptions, or am I challenging them?
- What details here are unfair? Unverified? Unused?
- Am I holding onto something that I need to let go of?
- What’s here that I designed for me? What’s here that I designed for other people?
- What would the world look like if my assumptions were wrong?
- Who might disagree with what I’m designing?
- Who might be impacted by what I’m designing?
- What do I believe?
- Who’s someone I’m nervous to talk to about this?
- Is my audience open to change?
- What am I challenging as I create this?
- How can I reframe a mistake in a way that helps me learn?
- How does my approach to this problem today compare to how I might have approached this one year ago?
- If I could learn one thing to help me on this project, what would that one thing be?
- Do I need to slow down?
Saturday, August 5th, 2017